Saturday 18 April 2009

Procrastination

Noun-Procrastination:
To postpone or delay needlessly.

I did this a lot today. I've a lot of work to do by Monday and a lot of things to organise, but procrastinating over it and enjoying the beautiful weather seemed a far better option for my first full day back in Lancaster.

The summer sun seems to bring out a fresh mindset within people, and just walking through the market in town whilst hearing a distant sound of panpipes made this evident. People seemed happier, and were smiling a lot more. Also the busy cobbled streets moved at a slower pace as people were in less of a rush. I wisely purchased some cheap sunglasses and have hardly taken them off since...

The afternoon was full of yet more procrastination firstly in the infamouse Juicafe and secondly taking a walk along the Lune. How it took me so long to walk up to the aquaduct where the canal crosses the river I do not know. The weather was superb, not a breeze in the air and strolling past people on bikes, having bbq's and jumping into the river took me right back to my childhood years.

My good friend Alex and I walked a fair distance along the Lune then joined the canal and made our way back into town, where he then helped me greatly to get my weekly shopping-which may I add came to a lot more than expected! Thank goodness my loan came through yesterday.

I then cooked the legendary sausage hot pot/casserole which was first discovered at New Word Alive a few weeks ago. Lizze Glover (then known as Gizzie Lover) attempted to cook a casserole but didnt have time to put it in the oven so it was more of a sausage boil/saucepan. It did however turn out well and the caravan enjoyed it tremendously. As did my Mum and Dad when I cooked it at home the other day, Mum tried to replicate it the day after but missed the secret ingredient (not that there is one of course, it just didn't taste the same!).

See, I am procrastinating again, this evening I cooked the sausage casserole and invited Flick and Dan over for dinner. They both ate it all (score) and we enjoyed time talking about our holidays and more importantly God :)

I now feel enough procrastination has been had for the day, and I really should get on with some creative writing- although going out to take some photos seems a more interesting option. Let's see shall we...

No comments:

Post a Comment